Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Generation Now

Its become popular to give each generation a nickname, such as the "the lost generation", " the Baby boomers", "Generation X", "Generation Y", etc. Some people have been wondering what to call this generation. I have a suggestion:

Generation NOW.

Why the emphasis? This generation wants everything, well, now. Right now. This second. Everything has to be flashier, quicker, better, everything more and greater. And we want it now. We have no patience, and no attention span. We exist in the now, never giving thought to tomorrow, or the eventual consequences of our actions, as long as we get what we want right now. It's also all about ourselves. All about Me, Myself, and I. Me, me, me, me, me, me. Now, now, now, now, now. You can see it in everything. Attitudes about school and work. In the decline of morals and work ethic. We are the spoiled, fat children gluttonously wallowing in our predecessor's wealth (which is now about gone?). Squandering the national fortune.

We are characterized by impulsivity, greed, a lack of vision, foresight, and ambition, cheap morals and priciples, nonexistant honor, pop culture, etc

We are Generation Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment